MENTAL GAME SERIES
Powering Your Mental Game
For athletes and sport coaches
The mental game is one of the most important and influential factors in sporting success, and failure. Athletes who manage their mind well deliver more consistent high performances, while those who don’t deliver below their potential.
The mental game is one of the least understood skills in sport,.
The scarcity of quality information and experienced mental coaches makes it the area of greatest opportunity to advance your performance.
This “Powering Your Mental Game” workshop series brings you rich insights and practical action plans from one of the most experienced and respected mental coaches in the game.
Who is it for?
This Advanced level “Powering your mental game” online live workshop is aimed at serious amateur, semi-professional or aspiring professional athletes, from both individual and team sports. It’s best suited for those who are already diligent in their preparation and in pursuit of success, and who are looking to take their performance to the next level.
The six-hour course comprises 4 x 90-minutes live online coaching sessions over 2 weeks, includes offline self-reflection exercises, time allocated to QnA’s and an online community group to support and enhance your learning.
Paddy can also deliver workshop exclusively for your team, club or school, either in-person or live-online.
What you will get from participation in this course?
- Deepen your foundation of personal mastery, who you are being as a person, in areas that directly impact and enhance both your sport performance, and your life overall
- Assess and advance towards ‘international gold-standard’ in eight key areas of your chosen sport
- Understand and employ Paddy’s mental map to even better manage your mind, specifically
- Off-load baggage from past failures, losses and incidents that may be hampering your progress
- Better manage common obstacles to performance such as stress, anxiety, pressure, fear, doubt and similar
- Identify and manage your unique mental distractions to success, both on-the-field and in life
- Learn to gain and maintain the correct focus on the task at hand
- Access ease and flow (the zone) more regularly and for longer periods
Session 1: Personal mastery, for enduring success in sport and life
- Become your own best coach, and how this really counts
- Separating yourself from your results, and how this enhances performance
- Crafting your character, avoiding unnecessary pitfalls, and why it’s important
Session 2: Professional mastery. Maximising talent and opportunities
- Advancing Professionalism – towards international Gold Standard
- Playing to strengths, staying ahead of your opponents
- Mental errors, addressing the unspoken conversations
Session 3: Advancing your mental game. From distracted to focussed
- Learning from past successes – balancing humility, confidence and arrogance
- Managing loss, failure and errors, and off-loading unnecessary baggage
- Dealing with pressure (one of sports two biggest mental obstacles to success)
Session 4: Finding focus and flow
- Managing stress, anxiety and fear – (fear being the other biggest obstacle to success)
- Being correctly focussed, in the key moment
- Finding flow more often, and remaining there longer
- Pulling it all together
Professor Paddy Upton is one of the most experienced and respected mental coaches in sport. He has spent over two decades working with professional/international teams, and individually with over 150 of the world’s best athletes, Olympians and World Champions. He has worked in 11 different sports and across five continents, which include but are not limited to
- International cricket, rugby, football (soccer) and hockey
- World Cup winning Cricket team
- Helping lead two international cricket teams to the World # 1 test ranking
- 5x Olympic gold medallist
- 3 world champion surfers
- Olympic, X-games, Redbull and extreme athletes
- European and Sunshine tour golfers
- World tour surfers
- Marathon and triathlon champions
I am a business, and would like to enquire about the workshop for my team.
I am an individual, wanting to join the next workshop*
We will inform you as soon as the next public online course is being run.